The VTA method is an internationally spread and acknowledgment method for tree inspection, hazard symptoms are construed, defects are confirmed and measured and criteria of failure are assessed. VTA helps to distinguish apparent hazardous trees from those that are really hazardous. This way safe trees are protected.
VTA gives information about the body language and the mechanics of trees and instructs you in the correct use of our test and measuring instruments.
The partial stages of the VTA method:
1. Inspection for detect symptoms
- Body language of trees
- Growth defects
- Appearance of the bark
- Crown and leaves
- Fungal fruiting bodies and their body language
- Local environment of the tree
2. Confirmation of defects and measurement
3. Assessment of the defect
- Criteria of failure for hollow or decayed trees
- Criteria of failure for root damages
- Criteria of failure for trees that are healthy but high trees (H/D ratio!)
4. Determination of further actions
- Mechanical aid (crow securing system, stilts,...)
- Replacement of the tree
Advantages of the VTA method:
- The VTA method is applied all over the world. The VTA method focuses on the comprehension of the body language of trees
- Sound measurement and drilling techniques only are supposed to confirm and dimension detected defects.
- The one who knows the body language of trees will be able to distinguish between hazard trees and trees that only appear to be a hazard tree. He will fell less trees and increase the security of traffic.
- Distinguishing between foreseeable and unforeseeable accidents, the VTA method makes its contribution to law and order. Founded liability claims can be settled and unfounded ones can be rejected.
- Therefore, the VTA method is neither pro-tree nor anti-tree. In the event of damage, this method makes it possible to obtain a suitable decision.
With Prof. Dr. Claus Mattheck and his friends Stupsi the hedgehog & Pauli the bear!
Since 2006 Prof. Dr. Claus Mattheck offers examinations. The goal is to get a high quality and scientifically up-to-date tree inspection. Requirement for the admission is the documented participation in the following seminar.
- Intensive introduction
- Biomechanical evaluation of wood destroying fungi in trees
- VTA Elite Seminar / Tree Engineering
More information with the organizer:
Seminar Office Erika Koch
Phone: +49 (0) 7141 7157564
Fax: +49 (0) 711 7156410
Send an email!